Do you have sensitive teeth? Do you experience discomfort when consuming hot or cold food or drinks? If so, then you may require treatment before the issue progresses into a more serious issue. If you have tooth sensitivity there are steps you can take to alleviate your discomfort.
Pella, IA Sensitive Teeth Quiz
- True or False: Multiple factors can lead to sensitive teeth.
- True or False: This could be a warning sign of decay.
- True or False: You can take steps to reduce sensitivity.
- True or False: We offer treatment to ease tooth sensitivity.
- True. A variety of issues can cause teeth to feel sensitive. Overuse of whitening strips, brushing too hard with medium or hard bristles, cracked/chipped teeth, teeth grinding, or consuming foods or drinks with a high acid content.
- True. In many cases, tooth sensitivity is one of the earliest warning signs of a developing cavity. If you experience pain or sensitivity that lasts for more than 48 hours then you need to see a dental professional right away. Early treatment prevents the issue from developing into an infection or abscess.
- True. With good oral hygiene you can reduce your risk of tooth sensitivity. We recommend brushing twice a day with a brush that has soft bristles. You should also floss daily and see the dentist for a thorough dental cleaning twice a year.
- True. To ease sensitivity we can offer three prescription toothpastes. Some can form barriers to prevent further deterioration of the enamel and others contain ingredients to aid in the remineralization of the outer enamel, decreasing sensitivity. If you have any questions, please contact our office today.
About Dr. Jeffrey Allen & Dr. Neumann
Dr. Jeffrey Allen and Dr. Neumann provide comfortable dental care to patients of all ages. Call us at (641) 628-1121 today to schedule a checkup and cleaning, cosmetic consultation, or second-opinion visit. We are located on the west side of the historic town square in Pella, IA. Please see the map for directions, and visit Allen Family Dentistry on Google+ to leave a review.