If you have one or more missing teeth, then you need replacement to avoid serious oral health complications. We can use implant dentistry to address tooth loss, helping you enjoy a complete and healthy smile.
Try Our Quiz on Dental Implants
- True or False: Tooth loss can lead to serious oral health problems.
- True or False: Implants act as new tooth roots.
- True or False: We can address minor and major tooth loss.
- True or False: They can last for a long time.
- True. When you have a gap in your smile, misalignment can form as teeth drift from position. An uneven smile alone increases the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. The pressure on the jaw joints due to tooth loss can make the onset of TMJ disorder and bruxism more likely. Advanced tooth loss can make eating difficult and lead to problems speaking clearly.
- True. A dental implant is inserted into the jawbone, where it bonds with the bone tissue through a process known as osseointegration. As a result, the dental implant acts as a new tooth root and stimulates the growth of jawbone tissue, preventing the loss of jawbone density and further tooth loss.
- True. We can use a single tooth option to address one missing tooth, or use several to secure a dental bridge or even a complete denture. An implant-retained prosthetic offers greater stability and won’t slip during meals or speech.
- True. Since the dental implant acts as a new tooth root, the new tooth can last for years, possibly even decades, with proper care and attention. You simply need to care for them as you would a natural tooth, which includes brushing, flossing, and having your teeth cleaned and examined once every six months. If you have any questions about implant dentistry, then contact our office today.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT DENTAL IMPLANTS?
We can help you enjoy a healthy and full smile once again with implant dentistry. To learn more, schedule an appointment with your dentist by calling Allen & Neumann Family Dentistry in Pella, IA, today at (641) 628-1121.